Planning to Move: Here are some tips to make your move easier
Moving to another location in Toronto can be challenging and stressful. We make commercial moving as seamless and effortless as possible. Check out some of our helpful moving tips listed here or call us for planning an efficient and stress-free relocation.
Essentials Box Checklist
- Change of clothes
- Garbage bags
- Pet food and dish
- Current work-related documents
- Insurance documents
- Banking information
and most daily use items.
We offer affordable and customizable packaging services. If you are planning to do the packaging yourself, here are some pointers:
- Dispose of all unwanted articles before you start to pack.
- Glass items, stoneware, and other fragile items should be packed into boxes with packing paper (available from your mover, or anywhere moving boxes are sold) or bubble wrap.
- Newspaper is not good for wrapping as it leaves stains.
- Pack all loose items in boxes, not bags.
- Don’t be shy about using box tape! Always label your boxes, so you save a lot of time while unpacking.
- Use small plastic bags to keep screws taken from disassembled furniture and pack them accordingly.
- We recommend keeping expensive jewelry, money, and other valuables with you all the time during relocation.
- Always label your electronics and their cables before packaging for easy setup at your new location.
- Pack food securely in sealed bags for extra protection.
- Pack and mark a box for essentials that you will need immediately when you reach your new location.
- Defrost and clean fridge(s) before moving day, and minimize the amount of perishable food you pack
Things to keep in mind
During the relocation process, we tend to forget a lot of things which later are very time-consuming and cause a lot of inconveniences. Here are a few of the reminders that you should always keep in your checklist:
- Notify all pertinent government agencies, banks, creditors, gas, water, telephone, cable, and internet providers of your move.
- Empty fuel from lawnmower, power tools, kerosene lamps, and barbecue.
- Plan the placement of furniture or equipment in your new location so our movers can accommodate you.
- Never pack paint, paint thinner, aerosol cans, cleaning fluids, propane tanks, corrosive liquids as they are highly inflammable. These should be disposed of rather than transported.
- Don’t rush! Never rush through the packaging process. Take your time to plan and label all boxes, including their place at your new location, helps our movers. With clear labeling, movers can place everything in the right place which will make unpacking easier.
- If you are not sure about being able to handle packing yourself, don’t do it! Damaging your valuables during the relocation process because of improper packing is always heartbreaking. Go for professionals because they understand requirements to securely pack and protect valuables.